Band Wars 2017
A Braintree TV and Empire Theatre - Band Wars Competition
The Final will be on Saturday 23rd September 2017 - 6.30pm for 7.00pm - Tickets £5.00
Following on from the success of last year, Braintree TV are pleased to announce that in conjunction with the Empire Theatre, Halstead, we will be holding another Band Wars competition this year. This is a local music talent showcase for bands and solo artists.
Anyone entering the competition will be required to go through a preliminary 'heat' stage where the best 7 performances (as decided jointly by us and our viewers through emailed votes) will progress to a final at the Empire Theatre on the 23rd of September where they will be judged by a panel of local celebrities. The winners will receive a trophy and get the chance to spend a day in a recording studio.
As viewers will be judging the heat stages, participants must either supply us with a good quality video of the act playing their entry or arrange a venue where Braintree TV can film it with 2 cameras on tripods. Either way, anyone wishing to participate must give permission for all their performances for the competition to be broadcast on Braintree TV.
To enter the competition you must accept the terms and conditions (which are shown below), then complete the online application form, or download a paper version. Once completed, the application should be scanned and returned to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, it can be handed in to Stationery Solutions, 6 Fairfield Road, Braintree CM7 3HF or The Empire Theatre, Butler Road, Halstead CO9 1LL.
Rules and Terms & Conditions
Applications are invited from bands and acts (the 'Act') of all musical genres within a 25 mile radius of Braintree Town Centre for entry into the 2017 Band Wars Competition. 'Event Organisers' includes all staff from Braintree TV, the Empire Theatre Committee, volunteers, judges, sound and lighting engineers, stage crew, venue staff, bar staff and security staff. All Act members must read and accept these Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct. Failure to comply will result in disqualification of the Act.
1. This document is valid and must be complied with by all participants.
2. Performances must be completely live. The use of backing tracks is not permitted.
3. Applications are to be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than Monday 10th July 2017.
4. Signed Acts are not permitted to apply.
5. Up to 21 Acts will be selected to participate in a 'heat' stage. From this, 7 will be selected to appear in the final at the Empire Theatre, Halstead on Saturday 23rd September 2017.
6. For both stages, the Act must nominate in advance a single number on which to be judged.
7. Acts can either submit a good quality video recording of them playing their entry for the heat stage, or arrange a venue where Braintree TV can film it with 2 cameras on tripods.
8. Participation in this competition implies full consent for all photographs and audio/video recordings to be used by Braintree TV for broadcasting and/or promoting the competition.
9. The Event organisers reserve the right to ask for appropriate identification if any Act member appears to be under the age of 18 years. If any member is under 18, written parental permission for Braintree TV to film them must be provided.
10. The Event Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any Act that is observed to be behaving in an inappropriate manner (also including online and Internet interaction with the Empire and BraintreeTV websites and their patrons, either direct or by association). This includes, but is not limited to under-age alcohol use, drug use, moshing, stage diving, body passing, offensive behaviour and throwing objects. Such behaviour by any member will result in the disqualification of the entire Act.
11. Voting for acts to appear in the final will be by email and need to be submitted before 24th July 2017 after which, the finalists will be announced on the Empire Theatre website www.empire-theatre.co.uk and on Braintree TV. Applicants will also be advised by email.
12. The order of performances in the final will be determined by the Event Organisers.
13. All Act members in the final must arrive no later than 3:30pm for check-in.
14. Each Act in the final will have up to 12 minutes to perform.
15. A DVD of the final will be given to all participating Acts. The Act may use footage from the DVD of their own performance for their own use (posting on social media etc.) No other Braintree TV footage of the competition may be reproduced in any way.
16. The winners of the final will receive a trophy on the night and a day in a recording studio. The date of the recording is to be agreed.
17. Excessive swearing will be dealt with by muting all sound and the Act being disqualified.
18. The Judges decision will be final.
19. Acts and accompanying personnel are expected to cooperate with the Event Organisers and venue at all times, any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Offenders will be ejected from the premises and any damage incurred or injury inflicted met with maximum penalty or dealt with by the law accordingly.
20. To facilitate minimal changeover times between Acts in the final, there will be a shared backline (drums, speaker cabinets, amplifier heads etc.) Acts must agree to use the shared equipment. If they wish, they may offer some of their own equipment to be used as part of the shared backline. This must be notified well in advance and can only be used if the equipment arrives by the time specified in rule 13. Drummers must bring their own 'breakables' (e.g. cymbals and snare drum). Act members may use their own amplifier heads.
To enter, the Act members agree not to encourage or promote any activity which could lead to injuries, damages, or losses. If any member encourages or promotes such activity they must defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Empire Theatre & Braintree TV Limited, their officers, trustees, agents, and employees, from and against all claims, lawsuits, proceedings (Administrative or otherwise), losses, penalties, damages, costs, charges and other expenses of every kind, including reasonable attorneys fees and litigation expenses which may arise by reason of injuries, including death or property damage, incurred before, during, or after the Act's performance.
This event is a joint promotion with the Empire Theatre and Braintree TV
To Book Tickets
CALL THE BOX OFFICE on 07778 025490
between 12noon and 10.00pm daily
Band Wars 2017 Single
Band Wars 2017 Double